Thursday 17 December 2015

First lesson, Anaz.

For the first class with Anaz, I was both excited and afraid because I really want to teach Anaz and get to know him but at the same time I was afraid I could not teach him what I had intended to teach because of the language barrier. When we finally talked to each  other, he had a very good basic with his English and he was very eager to learn. What I did for the class was first I asked him to introduce himself both formally and informally to me. It was during this moment I just knew he is an Electrical Engineering student at a university in Palestine. He was excellent with both as he can distinguished how to introduce himself for both situations. Then, I gave him other situations such as in a hospital, in a class, with your family and with friends and we did a role-play for all of the situations. I then asked him to write greetings word such as good morning, good evening, how are you, have you eaten and a short paragraph about himself. From these two activities, what I found was he can talk in English really well albeit with some Arabian slang but when it comes to writing, there are some words which he has trouble to spell. All in all, for the first class I had an amazing time with Anaz and we even created our own secret handshake because he wanted to have one. Thank you and with love, Irfan,

1 comment:

  1. It is strange how we pick up newer things as we face a new day. Yes, I saw you both almost chatting away and not exactly in a teacher-student mode. I can tell how somewhat similar you both are. Now we know, Anaz was an electrical engineering student in Palestine and I bet he is brilliant. Id suggest you also include English for Electrical Engineering to teach Anaz. Well done on first lesson, Irfan! Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete